Spend an exclusive and adventurous night in the snow!
Expand on your Snowshoe to Fondue adventure by adding an intimate overnight stay in a unique snow-dome! Enjoy the added luxury of a scenic skidoo ride the following morning after a hearty, warming breakfast.
– Indulge a little longer and add a Dinner Plain Onsen package. (includes access to the Onsen warm bath, spa and sauna.)
– Opt for a one hour skidoo tour around the Hotham resort (can be booked on the day)
Our new snow-domes are sustainably built with one idea in mind: simplicity is a luxury.
Think of it as an Igloo, but dry, with a view, warmer and with a comfortable bed and plush blanket!
What to expect:
In all Snow-domes:
A warm wood fire heater // Hand washing facilities and towels // Comfortable bedding (real mattress, bed linen, pillow, faux fur blanket, fleece liner and -10°c sleeping bag) // One or Two double beds (depending on number of guests) // Drinking water // Solar powered battery and USB port to recharge phones // Extra blankets
At the Eco-Village:
Our eco-village is set-up in the wilderness of Hotham. Everything is carried in and out by man power to reduce our impact on the fragile alpine environment. We are completely off the grid, but for your comfort the eco-village are able to offer the following services:
Credit card payment // Limited Power // 3G / 4G // Heated tipi // Dry toilets // Hand washing facilities // Warm Drinks // Fully licensed // The best French fondue on the Mountain!
Snowshoe to Cheese fondue
- Snowshoes and Headtorch
- Guided snowshoe tour – 30 minutes with stories and inside knowledge on French/Australian alps history
- First glass of heart-warming home made Gluhwein (hot spiced red wine) by the fire
- 3 course dinner including home made soup, French cheese fondue, and cake
Igloo to Skidoo
- Exclusive accommodation in wood heated snow-domes with sky views.
- Comfortable bedding: real mattress, bed linen, pillow, faux fur blanket, fleece liner and -10°c sleeping bag
- Hearty warm breakfast
- Scenic Skimobile tour
Snowshoe to Fondue:
Waterproof jacket, hat or beanie, scarf, gloves, warm socks, waterproof shoes appropriate to walk in, warm clothes.
Igloo to Skidoo:
All the above plus, toothbrush, warm pyjama, dry change of cloth, a little backpack to fit it all.
And a swimming costume for the Onsen if you took the package!
Open Wednesday to Sunday from mid-June to the end of September.
The Igloo to Skidoo must be booked in conjunction with the Snowshoe to cheese fondue.To book your night in a snow-dome, please add it to your Snowshoe to Fondue booking.
Igloo to Skidoo adventure:
– Private Snow-dome up to 2 people:Snowshoe to Fondue ($109) + $180 Adult / $80 Child (6 to 12years old).
– Private Snow-dome up to 4 people:Snowshoe to Fondue ($109) + $160 Adult / $80 Child (6 to 12years old).
Includes: the overnight accommodation in snow-domes, all bedding, cooked breakfast, scenic skidoo tour back to Wire Plain. (must be booked in conjunction with the snowshoe to fondue adventure).
We currently have two Snow-Domes: Clusaz and Chamonix. They have the same level of comfort and identical facilities.
Skidoo scenic tour is snow dependent. In the unlikely event that we would not be able to run the Skidoo tours guests would be able to redeem a voucher of equal value towards a bar tab or package on an Alpine Nature Experience adventure or a Skidoo tour by SnowStuffPark at a later date.
Bookings essential 24h in advance.
Same day bookings – please call us to confirm availability.
Alpine Nature Experience is fully licenced. Please note, due to the nature of the experience, only vegan and gluten free dietary requirements are available on request, at an extra cost. Make sure you specify this when booking.
For the same reasons we are unable to provide a different menu for children.
This activity is not recommended for children under the age of 6. If you would like to take a child under 6 for one of our evening adventures please get in touch with us prior to booking.